Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Welcome

It feels like too many of my recent Facebook status updates have been about THINGS - namely, products I've found and liked enough to recommend to my friends.  I'm what's known as an "early adopter:" I'm willing to take a risk on something new to the market, or just new to me.  Often, these things end up being mistakes, but every now and then, I find something that completely rocks my world.  But I really don't want to feel like I'm a shill, and I'm afraid that's how my Facebook persona is starting to come off.

The sort of item that I love is hard to generalize about; either its functionality is ideal, or it serves its purpose especially well, or it makes me smile to look at it.  The best things are those that somehow embody all of these.  I can go through 10's of items just trying to find that platonic ideal of the thing I have in my mind. 

Perhaps due to the time and expense I invest, I have found myself becoming almost unnaturally attached to things that make my life better -- and it's that sort of item I want to write about here.

These are the things that, as Baby Bear said in Goldilocks and the Three Bears, are "just right."

No comments:

Post a Comment