Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Water Bottle Brush


We are reusable bottle people at this house.  Either its a water bottle that one of my kids had in their room overnight, or it's a Nalgene that went camping two months ago and has been festering away ever since, or its a Sodastream bottle that needs cleaning.  To get at the insides of these bottles, I've been using an old baby bottle cleaning brush left over from when the boys were tiny.  Given that they are now well into teenager-hood, this brush has seen better days.  And since it is pink, the boys won't touch it.

When I found myself at Bad, Bath and Beyond the other day killing some time before an appointment, I thought I'd see what improvements had happened in brushland during the past decade.  I found lots to choose from -- and they weren't in the baby goods department but instead stashed along with the other kitchen tools.  I brought home the long thin one shown in red in this group picture.  (It's only sold as part of a set online, but you can buy it alone in one of a range of colors in the bricks and mortar store).  The manufacturer is Casabella, and although they don't show it on their site, the product number is 057-15521, and it's called the "Loop Slim Water Bottle Brush."


I love this thing -- it's the perfect length, the bristles are stout enough to feel like they're actually dislodging scunge, and the entire thing is flexible and thin enough to easily fit through the top of every bottle I've tried it on.  I keep it standing in a vase next to the sink, where it looks quite fetching and can drain and dry.  The shape is just right to fit the bottom of rounded bottles, and it also nestles beautifully into that curve from neck to bottle proper.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment